PROJECT MANAGER CONTRACT GEOLOGIST: AFRICA
Seeking an Intermediate/Senior Project Manager/Geologist to join our team for various assignments with ongoing projects in Africa.
Reporting to Axiom’s Senior Management, you will provide supervisory, frontline office, and remote field support for exploration, surveying, and prospecting projects.
- Provide daily onsite planning, oversight, coordination, and QAQC of geological and drilling activities through informed technical liaison.
- Conduct and advise on geological and geotech core logging as required.
- Perform and instruct methods of interpretation of geological information.
- Compile and provide concise scheduling, costing, and technical information for Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Final reporting.
- Integrate drilling, geological, and other available geoscience information to track and inform program execution, compliance, and optimization.
- Develop and assist implementation of various geological activities at both the deposit scale and regional scale, including targeting and reconnaissance of mineralization, outcrop sampling, and geological mapping programs.
- Organize and support ground and UAV-based geophysical survey crews and other geoscience specialist service providers.
- Monitor and verify daily data collection and data compilation/data entry for geological, geophysical, and geochemical datasets.
- Other duties as required to ensure daily project success for the client.
- Minimum education level: B.Sc. in Geology
- Intermediate to senior geologist
- 5-12 years of exploration geology experience with mineral exploration and/or mining with working knowledge of structural geology, geochemistry, and geophysics
- A GIS background would be considered an asset
- Previous diamond drilling and RC drilling Project Management experience (minimum 2 years)
- Lithium and granite pegmatite experience (LCT and NYF) is considered an asset
- Previous exploration experience in Southern African countries is considered an asset
- Preferred work language proficiencies: French, Portuguese, English
- (Eligible for registration with APEGS / APEGA / APEGM / EGBC / PGO)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and strong analytical/organizational skills are fundamental
- Professionally fluent in written and spoken English (ILR Level 4-5 or CLB Level 10-12)
- Must be in good physical condition and willing to comply with all project health and safety requirements, including any site-specific certifications and / or drug testing
- Ability to frequently lift, carry and push 50 lbs
- Ability to frequently reach below and at-shoulder level
- Collaboration skills that enable you to build strong, positive relationships in culturally diverse environments
- Successful completion of a recognized First Aid training safety course, certification must be current and not due to expire for the anticipated duration of the project
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Some error has occured.