AXIOM EXPLORATION GROUP LTD. is an employee-owned company with its corporate head office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Established in 2011, AXIOM GROUP is a complete consulting firm providing a diverse set of technical services within, and integrated across, each of our four main divisions: Exploration, Geophysics & Remote Sensing, Environment, and Energy Services.
Due to the Geophysics & Remote Sensing Divisions’ rapid expansion and growth, we are looking to fill the position of Chief Geophysicist. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, passionate and have strong interpersonal skills. Further, this candidate will display a vast knowledge of geophysical techniques, technologies, and their applications across a broad scope, including; mineral exploration, oil and gas, and environmental assessment. This will require an in-depth knowledge of not only geophysics but also geology and the interpretation of the two.
The position will be based out of our Saskatoon office, with some site visits required. Our office is located at:
101-3239 Faithfull Ave
Saskatoon, SK S7K 8H4
- Lead the geophysical interpretation and analysis of Magnetic (Mag), Electromagnetic (EM), Radiometric and Seismic data.
- Routine processing, reporting and interpretation using software including Geosoft, Oasis Montaj, Geoscience Analyst and AutoMag.
- Supervise and train junior geophysicists on various processing and modelling routines and daily QA/QC procedures.
- Guide to marketing regarding geophysical services.
- Do client interaction regarding current projects and upcoming projects.
- Project planning and guidance to clients.
- Prepare technical papers and case studies and present work at events and conferences.
- Engage with new prospective clients in terms of services offered.
- Aid in developing and employing new technologies both in-house and those developed outside of Axiom.
- Fluent in English (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
- Advanced Degree in Geophysics – M.Sc.
- 8 – 10 years experience in mineral exploration, geophysics and consulting
- Extensive experience in geophysical inversions and modelling
- Programming Skills (Python and C++)
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Advanced capabilities in a wide variety of geophysical modelling and interpretation software.
- A broad knowledge of mineral deposits and their relation to geophysical anomalies.
- Background in field applications of geophysics in the mineral exploration industry, specifically precious metals, base metals, and critical minerals.
What does Axiom offer?
Axiom Exploration Group offers an exciting and positive work environment. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, extended health and dental benefits, health and wellness spending account, cellphone allowance and various training and development programs.
Terms of employment:
- Permanent, Full-Time
- $45 – $50/hour
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.