SENIOR REGULATORY PERMITTING SPECIALIST
Senior Regulatory Permitting Specialist Responsibilities:
The Senior Regulatory Permitting Specialist responsibilities will include: preparation and processing of permit applications; permit maintenance; representing clients in meetings and phone calls with regulatory permitting agencies; developing and negotiating mitigation strategies; tracking schedules and budgets; interfacing with biologists, GIS specialists and other environmental technical experts with a focus on biological studies and permit processing; and managing project contracts. The position will also require business development, preparation of proposals and related marketing support, and management of multidisciplinary teams of biologists and other consultants. Production of high-quality work products and the provision of excellent client service are mandatory.
Minimum Requirements for Senior Regulatory Permitting Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in an environmental science, biology, or related field.
- five or more years’ experience in the federal and provincial permitting processes or resources project management.
- Expert level knowledge of Regulations pertaining to Mining in Canada.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability in completing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Strong client and agency relationships.
Additional Skills Considered a Plus
- A Master’s degree or higher in environmental science, natural resources, or related field
- Field expertise in performing and maintaining permits
- Proven success in business development
- Ability and desire to grow into a position with increasing supervisory and management responsibilities
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Some error has occured.